Tuesday 24 January 2012

Innsbruck 2012





Back from my interpreting post at the first ever Winter Youth Olympic Games in Innsbruck! I was so lucky to have had this experience as interpreting opportunites often seem unattainable for us students! The past two weeks have been brilliant in every way; thrown in at the deep end with medical interpreting, getting to know a range of people from all backgrounds, ages with various experiences and fascinating stories, watching the best young athletes compete, learning Russian with my fellow interpreters, getting an insight into how the Games work from a behind-the-scenes perspective, exploring the wonderful city of Innsbruck and getting to grips with the dialect ;) and, cheesy as it might sound... the feeling of being part of history!

I am now back in Heidelberg and have had four exams. Only one more to go, a gruelling four hour German exam on Friday morning!

I can't believe January is nearly over, what have you been up to this month?

Beth.

3 comments:

  1. This sounds like it was a fab experience, as well as great fun! Hope all is going well in Paris now! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for your sweet comment on my blog. this sounds lovely, great photos, haoppy to be your newest follower! xx
    Have you considered turning off the wordverification? It's soooo tricky to understand the words!! xx
    Alice Barton ♥ The Mow Way

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for mentioning that Alice, I had no idea I had the word verification on, oopsie! Turned it off, I agree it's so annoying sitting there for several minutes trying to work out what it says! X

    ReplyDelete