Tuesday 24 January 2012

Customer service, what's that?

A little rant here, I forgot to mention whilst I was in Austria I had the worst customer service experience ever. Ignored, shouted at and insulted, I had to laugh and walk away otherwise I would've burst into tears after I asked a simple question about which train to take. After calmly asking her not to talk to me like a child she growled I was 'too sensitive'. Well, yes I am but that's not the point! I would never have dreamed of saying such things to anyone, let alone a customer I am supposed to be doing my best to help. In fact, they all seemed to go out of their way NOT to help me... Whatever happened to 'the customer is always right'?

What is the worst customer service you've experienced? And let's weigh it out with the best?

I remember when I was working in retail, an elderly woman was so happy with my job she gave me a hug and a kiss... the person next in the queue asked if they should do the same!

5 comments:

  1. :O That's awful! What a horrible sounding woman.. what a way to talk to your customers! I had to recently change banks because the staff were so rude and patronising to me X

    ReplyDelete
  2. That last bit made me smile, when working on a custover service desk i used to get a vast change throughout the day of rude people who said i shouldnt have a job to people who said i was the best for the company. Makes you think hey are they so rude they should just stay in bed all day and not share the opinions they have on staff or are the friendly people clearly too happy with there days and easily pleased :P x

    p.s New follower hunni

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got glared at once when paying for something. A real evil stare. I just put on my happiest face and smiled sweetly at him.
    Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog! PJ work days sound perfect to me, we should get the ball rolling on this one ;)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know exactly what you mean. I have the feeling that nowadays the customer service isn't good anymore as it used to be. But being a cabin attendant myself, I find the passengers are more demanding and behaving really bad lately. Don't know what's going on but it's a shame :(

    Hope you still have a nice weekend honey! :)

    xoxo
    www.thefashionmoodboard.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. A couple of weeks ago I was buying something that had been reduced in the sale and the sales assistant got annoyed at me because I questioned the price! She pretty much wanted me to pay full price for the item, even though it was defintely in the sale and there was a whole display stand confirming it. She really did seem put out by the fact she had to give me the discount! tut xxx

    ReplyDelete