Wednesday 4 April 2012

mais dit moi adieu demain

Oh, what's that?! Two blog entries in the space of a week?! Yes, I am feeling alright. An early finish to classes today so I thought I'd get cracking with my dissertation.... which brought me right here (well, I did delete Facebook, after all!)

I went for an interview yesterday with a family whose child I'll be babysitting (all the while speaking English) and I admit I was nervous! I didn't know whether my French would suffice (I've been here two months now, but these things are hard to judge) and if the little boy or family would like me at all. Normal, unecessary worries! It went better than I could've imagined, within the first minute we were playing with dinosaurs and by the end of the hour I was hugging my shoes (I do some strange things to make kids laugh!) Plus there were no problems with my French. It's finally a good feeling to feel comfortable in my French/German skills!

Yet another day where I was falling asleep in class, I've decided I really need to set a good sleeping pattern, sleep longer and drink more coffee. Also do more exercise, as all I seem to do is run around metro stations... time to dust those running trainers for the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment